An award-winning journalist, Miriam investigates and authors a wide spectrum of complex public policy topics. In 2005 she was a Research Fellow at MIT's Center for International Studies where she explored links between gender inequity and poverty.
- Can Global Development Dollars Do More to Improve Care for Orphans and Most Vulnerable Children?
Center for Global Development, Washington, DC, October 2011
- How Good at Doing Good? Reviewing the PEPFAR OVC Factor
- Public and Private Donor Policies Regarding Care for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children in Developing Countries
Center for Global Development, 2010
- "To Pay or Not To Pay"
Daily Links at the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women: Making Care Work Count, Issue 2, March 2009
- Joint Learning Initiative for Children and HIV/AIDS: Technical Report on Family and Community Centered Care, Learning Group 3
FXB-PIH-Harvard Medical School, UNICEF, Bernard Van Leer Foundation, 2008-2009
- Integrated Health Care Delivery Systems for Families and Children Impacted by HIV/AIDS: Four Program Case Studies from Kenya and Rwanda
Joint Learning Initiative on Children and HIV/AIDS (JLICA), 2008
- The Dangers of an Unpaid Care Economy and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic in sub-Saharan Africa
Oberlin College, March 2007
- Achieving Sustainable Development in the 21st Century
The Earth Institute at Columbia University, 2007
- Men and Boys: New Soldiers in HIV/AIDS Prevention
Southern Africa HIV and AIDS Information Dissemination Service, Harare, Zimbabwe, 2006
- Lessons Learned from Africa: Orphans and Vulnerable Children
American India Foundation, October 2006
- Improving Care and Support to African Orphans and Vulnerable Children By Compensating Female Care Workers for their Unpaid Labor
Paper prepared for the Voluntary Services Organization Conference on The Burden of HIV/AIDS Care on Women and Girls, March 8, 2006, London, England
- Men, Gender Equity and HIV/AIDS Prevention
Essay published by the Royal Tropical Institute for its Gender & Society publication, 2006
- Securing Orphan and Vulnerable Children’s Access to Education in Africa
Oxford University’s 8th Annual International Conference on Education and Development: Learning and Livelihood, September 13-15, 2005, Oxford England
- "Marketing to Children," Ethical Marketing: Perspectives and Applications
Edited by K. Suresh, ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, India, 2005
- OVC RAAAP (Rapid Country Assessment, Analysis, and Action Planning (RAAAP) Initiative On Behalf of Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children in Sub-Saharan Africa) reports:
- OVC RAAAP Country Report: Botswana, 2004, USAID/UNICEF/WFP/UNAIDS
- OVC RAAAP Country Report: Malawi, 2004, USAID/UNICEF/WFP/UNAIDS
- OVC RAAAP Country Report: Uganda, 2004, USAID/UNICEF/WFP/UNAIDS
- OVC RAAAP Country Report: Ethiopia, 2004, USAID/UNICEF/WFP/UNAIDS
- OVC RAAAP Final Report, Submitted to USAID, January 2005
- Women and HIV/AIDS: Confronting the Crisis
A Joint Report by UNAIDS/UNFPA/UNIFEM, ISBN: 0-89714-708-1, 2004
- Closing the HIV/AIDS Prevention Gender Gap: Men, Women and Sex in the Age of AIDS
Presented at the 16th Annual Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS, The Capitol Hilton Hotel, Washington, DC, May 29, 2004.
- The New Environmental Activists: Fighting Pollution, Poverty and Racism by Building Natural Assets
Political Economy Research Institute-University of Massachusetts-Amherst, with funding from the Ford Foundation, 2003.
- The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Women’s Issues Worldwide: North America and the Caribbean, 2003